Saint's Exile
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryan's Zombies

3 posters

Go down

Should we keep or remove the Zombies from the server?

Ryan's Zombies Vote_lcap50%Ryan's Zombies Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
Ryan's Zombies Vote_lcap50%Ryan's Zombies Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

Ryan's Zombies Empty Ryan's Zombies

Post by Admin Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:22 pm

Keep it or remove it?

Admin
Admin

https://saintsexile.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Ryan's Zombies Empty Re: Ryan's Zombies

Post by dronevandalism Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:29 pm

My vote is to get rid of the "Loot and death" area first and see how the crashes/server performance handles it. Zombies may be fine to keep in a hardware kind of situation.

In the context of zombies as they are at the moment, they are EXTREMELY aggressive towards player vehicles. Since the removal of the static missions they are much more aggressive and will attack player vehicles even if the players are not in them.

Frequently I can look down on my ground buddies and see 15-20 zombies spawned on them but only the nearest few zombies will pursue and engage them. leaving 12-15 static, frozen, waiting for a target.

Our main concern here should be the stability of the server. My opinion of the situation is systematically remove mods until the server performance is 100% starting with the most unreliable mods first. Mods known to have issues or possible problems.

Once close to 100% server stability is achieved then we can build forward and up on the mods, then we'd have a baseline and would know which mods are the problems going forward. Kind of a "don't build a castle on sand" type deal. If any problems arise after that at least we know where to start troubleshooting.

dronevandalism
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:39 am

Vote inconclusive. Zombies remains for now.

-SaintADW
Server Owner

Admin
Admin

https://saintsexile.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Harleus Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:30 am

I actually enjoy them, keeps campers on their toes and makes it harder for people to just do missions by sniping 1k+ out (that is entirely too easy)

Harleus

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum